William R. Auger, MD
Professor of Clinical Medicine
Administrative Director, Pulmonary PTE Program
SPECIAL CLINICAL INTERESTS:
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension
- Critical Care Medicine
- Natural history of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism; treatment of acute and chronic pulmonary embolic disease.
- Direct visualization and imaging of pulmonary thromboembolism.
- Acute, high permeability injury associated with re-perfused lung post PTE surgery
- Auger WR, Smith RM, Spragg RG. Protease release and antiprotease inactivation in a clinical model of acute high permeability lung injury. Am Rev Respir Dis 1988; 137:146.
- Moser KM, Auger WR, Fedullo PF. Chronic, major vessel thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Circulation 1990;81:1735-43.
- Olman MA, Auger WR, Fedullo PF, Moser KM. Pulmonary vascular steal in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Chest 1990;98:1430-4.
- Auger WR, Fedullo PF, Moser KM, Buchbinder M, Peterson KL. Chronic major-vessel thromboembolic pulmonary artery obstruction: Appearance at angiography. Radiology 1992;183:393-8.
- Jamieson SW, Auger WR, Fedullo PF, Channick R, Kriett JM, Tarazi RY, Moser KM. Experience and results of 150 pulmonary thromboendarterectomy operations over a 29 month period. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1993;106:116-27.
- Channick RN, Williams PJ, Johnson FW, Newhart JW, Kirby D, Auger WR, Fedullo PF, Moser KM. Inhalation of nitric oxide results in more favorable hemodynamic and gas exchange responses than prostacyclin in patients with primary pulmonary hypertension. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1994;149(4):A746.
- Auger WR, Moser KM, Comito RM, Kerr KM, Bernard JL, Spragg RG. Efficacy of intravenous ICI 200,880 in the prevention of adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in patients undergoing pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1994;149(4):A1032.
- Rothman A, Sklansky MS, Lucas VW, Kashani IA, Shanghnessy RD, Channick RN, Auger WR, Fedullo PF, Smith CM, Kriett JM, Jamieson SW. Atrial septostomy as a bridge to lung transplantation in-patients with severe pulmonary hypertension. Am J Cardiol 1999; 84:682-686.
- Kerr KM, Auger WR, March JJ, Comito RM, Fedullo RL, Smits GJ, Kapelanski DP, Fedullo PF, Channick RN, Jamieson SW, Mooser KM. The use of Cylexin (CY-1503) in prevention of reperfusion lung injury in patients undergoing pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 2000; 162:14-20.
- Bailey CL, Channick RM, Auger WR, Fedullo PF, Kerr KM, Yung GL, Rubin LJ. “High probability” perfusion lung scans in pulmonary veno-occlusive disease. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 2000; 162:1974-1978.
- Thistlethwaite PA, Auger WR, Madoni MM, Pradhan S, Kapelanski DP, Jamieson SW. Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy combined with other cardiac operations: indications, surgical approach and outcome. Ann Thorac Surg 2001; 72:13-18.
- Fedullo PF, Auger WR, Kerr KM, Rubin LJ. Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. N Engl J Med 2001; 345:1465-1472.
- Rothman A, Levy DJ, Sklansky MS, Grossfeld PD, Auger WR, Ajami GH, Behling CA. Balloon angioplasty and stenting of multiple intralobar pulmonary arterial stenosis in adult patients. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2003; 58(2):252-260.
- Jamieson SW, Kapelanski DP, Sakahibara N, Manecke G, Thistlethwaite PA, Kerr KM, Channick RN, Fedullo PF,Auger WR. Pulmonary endarterectomy- Experience and lessons learned in 1500 cases. Ann Thoracic Surg In press (2003).
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
San Diego Magazine's "Top Doc" in Critical Care Medicine
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Auger, contact Sue Brick at 858-657-7132
To contact Dr. Auger: firstname.lastname@example.org