Judd Landsberg, M.D.
Associate Clinical Professor
Director, Medical Intensive Care Unit - VASDHS
Associate Program Director, PCCM Fellowship
- Medical Education
- Delivery of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine to Veterans
- Biomarkers for the diagnosis of Sepsis and Pneumonia
- Research bronchoscopy
- Pulmonary vascular disease
- Landsberg, J.W. and J.X. Yuan, Molecular mechanisms involved in severe pulmonary hypertension: New insights into pathogenesis and potential therapeutic approaches. Council on Cardiopulmonary and Critical Care. Fall Newsletter 23(2), 2002.
- Yu Y., Sweeney M., Zhang S., Platoshyn O., Landsberg J.W., Rothman A., Yuan J.X., PDGF stimulates pulmonary vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation by upregulating TRPC6 expression. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 284(2):C316-30, 2003.
- Landsberg J.W., Yuan J.X. Calcium and TRP channels in pulmonary vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation. News Physiol Sci 19:44-50, 2004.
- Kunichika N, Landsberg J.W., Yu Y., Kunichika H., Thistlethwaite P.A., Rubin L.J., Yuan J.X. Bosentan inhibits transient receptor potential channel expression in pulmonary vascular myocytes. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 170(10):1101-7, 2004.
- Yu Y., Fantozzi I., Remillard C.V., Landsberg J.W., Kunichika N., Platoshyn O., Tigno D.D.,Thistlethwaite P.A., Rubin L.J., Yuan J.X. Enhanced expression of transient receptor potential channels in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension. Proc Natl Acad Sci 101(38):13861-6, 2004.
- Landsberg, J.W., Aspergillus Lung Disease, Manual of Clinical Problems in Pulmonary Medicine, Sixth Edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, May 2005.
- Ying Yu, Nivruthi Vangala, Judd W. Landsberg, Ann Nicholson, Lewis J. Rubin, and Jason X.-J. Yuan. A Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism (-254 C to G) in the TRPC6 Gene is Associated with Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (in submission June 6, 2007).
- Maisel A, Mueller C, Nowak R, Peacock WF, Landsberg JW, Ponikowski P, Mockel M, Hogan C, Wu AH, Richards M, Clopton P, Filippatos GS, Di Somma S, Anand I, Ng L, Daniels LB, Neath SX, Christenson R, Potocki M, McCord J, Terracciano G, Kremastinos D, Hartmann O, von Haehling S, Bergmann A, Morgenthaler NG, Anker SD. Mid-region pro-hormone markers for diagnosis and prognosis in acute dyspnea: results from the BACH (Biomarkers in Acute Heart Failure) trial. J Am Coll Cardiol. 11;55(19):2062-76, May 2010.
- Landsberg, JW, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Related to Other Disorders, Textbook of Pulmonary Vascular Disease, Yuan, J.X.-J.; Garcia, J.G.N.; Hales, C.A.; Rich, S.; Archer, S.L.; West, J.B. (Eds.)1st Edition., 2010, XXXIV, 1500 p.
- Maisel A, Neath SX, Landsberg JW, Mueller C, Nowak RM, Peacock WF, Ponikowski P, Möckel M, Hogan C, Wu AH, Richards M, Clopton P, Filippatos GS, Di Somma S, Anand I, Ng LL, Daniels LB, Christenson RH, Potocki M, McCord J, Terracciano G, Hartmann O, Bergmann A, Morgenthaler NG, Anker SD. Use of procalcitonin for the diagnosis of pneumonia in patients presenting with a chief complaint of dyspnoea: results from the BACH (Biomarkers in Acute Heart Failure) trial. Eur J Heart Fail.;14(3):278-86. March 2012
- 2000 Betsy Winters Housestaff Teaching Award, Yale University School of Medicine
- 2007 Department of Medicine’s Chief Resident’s Teaching Award, UCSD School of Medicine
- 2008 Department of Medicine's Graduating House Staff Teaching Award
- 2008 Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care's Athena Award
- 2007-2008 Distinguished Attending Physician
- 2009 Department of Medicine’s Housestaff Teaching Award, U.C. San Diego School of Medicine
- 2010 Department of Medicine’s Housestaff Teaching Award, U.C. San Diego School of Medicine
- 2011 Department of Medicine’s Housestaff Teaching Award, U.C. San Diego School of Medicine
- 2012 Department of Medicine’s Housestaff Teaching Award, U.C. San Diego School of Medicine
- 2012 Kaiser "Excellence in Teaching" Award, Graduating Class, U.C. San Diego School of Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
San Diego Magazine's "Top Doc' in two specialties: Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Medicine
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Landsberg, contact the VA San Diego at
858-522-8585, ext. 7340.
To contact Dr. Judd Landsberg: firstname.lastname@example.org