Philippe Montgrain, M.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor Medicine, UCSD
Staff Physician, VA Medical Center
1. Lung Cancer
2. Acute Lung Injury / Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
3. Pulmonary Procedures
1. Lung Cancer
2. Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein
3. Kinase Signaling in Lung Cancer
4. Sex Hormone Signaling in Lung Cancer
5. Sex-based Differences in Lung Cancer
- Montgrain PR, Quintana R, Rascon Y, Burton DW, Deftos LJ, Casillas A, Hastings RH. Parathyroid hormone-related protein varies with sex and androgen status in nonsmall cell lung cancer. Cancer. 2007. 110(6):1313-20.
- Hastings RH, Montgrain PR, Quintana R, Rascon Y, Deftos LJ, Healy E. Cell cycle actions of parathyroid hormone-related protein in non-small cell lung carcinoma. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009. 297(4):L578-85.
- P.R. Montgrain, R.A. Quintana, Y.M. Rascon, R.H. Hastings. Sex Determines the Expression and Anti-Tumor Effects of Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. 2006 ATS International Conference.
- P.R. Montgrain, R. Quintana, Y. Rascon, R.H. Hastings. Non-Genomic Interactions of Estradiol and Src Regulate PTHrP in Lung Cancer. 2007 ATS International Conference.
- P.R. Montgrain, R. Quintana, Y. Rascon, E.H. Healy, R.H. Hastings. Androgens Inhibit Lung Cancer Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein through Mammalian Target of Rapamycin. 2008 ATS International Conference.
- P.R. Montgrain, R. Quintana, Y. Rascon, E. Healy, L.J. Deftos, R.H. Hastings. Androgen Suppression Increases PTH1R Levels and Reduces Lung Cancer Growth. 2009 ATS International Conference.
Honors and Awards:
2007-2009 - American Lung Association of California Research Training Fellowship
2007 - Plato Award, Outstanding Fellow 2006-2007, University of California San Diego
2007 - Young Investigator Award, Southern California Pulmonary Research Symposium
2005-2007 - NIH Institutional National Research Service Award (T32)
2000 - Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
Pulmonary Grand Rounds, 2008
Pulmonary Grand Rounds, February, 2009
VA San Diego
To contact Dr. Montgrain: Pmontgrain@ucsd.edu