Dina m. Bates, MD
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
- Post-intensive care syndrome
- Reperfusion lung injury after pulmonary thromboendarterectomy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Predictive/prognostic biomarkers in ARDS and reperfusion lung injury
- Ventilator management strategies in ARDS
- Post-intensive care syndrome / ICU outcomes
- Therapeutic hypothermia
- 2000 – 2004 Yale University, New Haven, CT
- BS, Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology
- 2004 – 2008 University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- 2008 – 2011 University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- Residency, Internal Medicine
- 2012 – 2015 UC San Diego Health System, San Diego, CA
- Fellowship, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
- Bates DM, Fernandes TM, Duwe BV, King BO, Test VJ, Banks DA, Fedullo PF, Kim NH, Madani MM, Jamieson SW, Auger WR, Kerr KM. Efficacy of a low-tidal volume ventilation strategy to prevent reperfusion lung injury after pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Ann Am Thorac Soc. August 2015. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 26241077
- Blumenfeld H, Rivera M, Vasquez JG, Shah A, Ismail D, Enev M, Zaveri HP. Neocortical and thalamic spread of amygdala kindled seizures. Epilepsia. 2007;48:254-62.
- Bates DM, Fernandes TM, Auger WR, Kerr KM. An Analysis of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Targeted Medication Before and After Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy for Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension. Poster Presentation, American College of Chest Physicians International Conference, Montreal, QC, Canada, October 2015.
- Bates DM, Fernandes TM, Bates KB, Chiles PG, Kerr KM. Temporal Trends in Plasma Angoipoietin-2 after Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy. Poster Presentation, American Thoracic Society International Conference, Denver, CO, May 2015.
- Bates DM, Fernandes TM, Bates KB, Chiles PG, Kerr KM. Preoperative Plasma Angiopoietin-2 Levels May Predict Adverse Outcomes Following Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy. Oral Presentation, American Thoracic Society International Conference, Denver, CO, May 2015.
- Bates DM. Suspected Sulfa-Resistant Pneumocystis Jirovecii Leading to Prophylaxis Failure and Pneumonia in an HIV-Negative, Immunocompromised Adult. Poster Presentation, American Thoracic Society International Conference, Denver, CO, May 2015.
- Ismail DM. Therapeutic Hypothermia in ARDS. Journal Club. UC San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA, October, 2012.
- Ismail DM, Bassmann GA, Netzer G, Reed RM, Schanholtz C. Compliance with Low Tidal Volume Ventilation in Patients with Acute Lung Injury Intubated Outside of the Medical Intensive Care Unit. American Thoracic Society International Conference, Denver, CO, May 2011.
- Ismail DM. The Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: A Look at ARDS through the Eyes of the ARDS Network. Senior Conference. University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, October 2010.
- Vahora H, Ismail DM. Arterial and venous thrombosis in a patient with ulcerative colitis. American College of Physicians, Maryland Region, Annual Associates Meeting, Baltimore, MD, May 2010.
- Wirchansky W, Ismail DM, DenHaese R, Simard JM. Molecular mechanism for the transactivation of epidermal growth factor receptor by adenosine in vascular smooth muscle cells. University of Maryland School of Medicine Summer Research Program Poster Presentation, Baltimore, MD, August 2005.
- Ismail DM, El Maarouf A, Rutishauser U. The role of polysialic acid in target layer selection by retinotectal axons. Sloan-Kettering Institute Summer Research Program Poster Presentation, New York, NY, August 2001.
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
For referrals/information regarding the ICU Recovery Program
, including the ICU Recovery Clinic
and the Critical Illness Survivor Support Group
, please email email@example.com.