Kim M. Kerr, M.D.
- Vice Chief, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Director, Medical Intensive Care Unit - Jacobs Medical Center
SPECIAL CLINICAL INTERESTS:
- Pulmonary vascular disease
- Reperfusion lung injury
- Reperfusion lung injury following PTE
- Kerr KM, Auger WR, Fedullo PF, Channick RN, Yi ES, Moser KM. Large vessel pulmonary arteritis mimicking chronic thromboendarterectomy. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1995; 152:367-73.
- Kerr KM, Auger WR, Marsh JJ, Comito RM, Kapelanski DP, Moser KM. Selectin blockade with Cy-1053 may prevent reperfusion lung injury following pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1997; 155:A898.
- Sompradeekul S, Fedullo PF, Kerr KM, Channick RN, Auger WR. The role of pulmonary angioscopy in the preoperative assessment of patients with thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1999; 159:A456.
- Archibald CJ, Auger WR, Fedullo PF, Channick RN, Kerr KM, Jamieson SW, Kapelanski DP, Watt CN, Moser KM. Long term outcome after pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1999; 160:523-8.
- Auger WR, Channick RN, Kerr KM, Fedullo PF. Evaluation of patients with suspected chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Sem Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1999;11:179-80.
- Hastings RH, Auger WR, Kerr KM, Quintana RA, Deftos LJ. Parathyroid hormone-related protein and lung injury after pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Regul Pept. 2001; 102-7.
- Fedullo PF, Auger WR, Kerr KM, Rubin LJ. Current concepts: chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. N Engl J Med 2001; 345:1464-1472.
- Kerr KM, Rubin LJ. Epoprostenol therapy as a bridge to pulmonary thromboendarterectomy for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Chest 2003; 123:319-320.
- Kerr KM, Auger WR, Fedullo PG. Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension; when to suspect it, when to refer for surgery. Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension 2003;2:4-8
- Bresser P, Fedullo PF, Auger WR, Channick RN, Robbins IM, Kerr KM, Jamieson SW, Rubin LJ. Continuous intravenous epoprostenol for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Eur Respir J 2004;23:595-600.
- Kerr KM. Pulmonary artery sarcoma masquerading as chronic thromboembolic pulmonry hypertension. Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine 2005;2:108-112.
- Lang I, Kerr K. Risk factors for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Proc Am Thorac Soc 2006;3:568-570.
- Auger WR, Kim NH, Kerr KM, Test VJ, Fedullo PF. Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Clin Chest Med 2007;2007:255-69.
- Kollef MH, Afessa B, Anzueto A, Veremakis C, Kerr KM, Margolis BD, Craven DE, Roberts PR, Arroliga A, Hubmayr RD, Restrepo MI, Auger WR, Schinner R. silver-coated endotracheal tubes and incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia. JAMA 2008;300:805-813.
- Jensen KW, Kerr KM, Fedullo PF, Kim NH, Test VJ, Ben-Yehuda O, Auger WR. Pulmonary hypertensive medical therapy in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension before pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Circulation 2009;120:1248-1254.
- Ogawa A, Firth AL, Yao W, Madani MM, Kerr KM, Auger WR, Jamieson SW, Thistlethwaite PA, Yuan JX-J. Inhibitionof mTOR attenduates store-operatid Ca 2+ entry in cells from endarterectomized tissues of patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol (Epub)
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
San Diego Magazine's "Top Doc" in two specialties: Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Medicine
2016 Attending Physician of the Year- selected by UCSD Medical Staff Executive Cmte.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Kerr, contact Sue Brick at 858-657-7132
To contact Dr. Kerr: firstname.lastname@example.org