Ni-Cheng Liang, M.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor
Medical Director, Pulmonary Services, UCSD Center for Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
- General Pulmonary Medicine
- COPD and asthma
- Integrative Medicine
- Quality improvement in healthcare delivery for patients with COPD
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for patients with chronic lung disease
- Physician Well-Being
- Marsh JJ, Chiles PG, Liang NC, Morris TA. “Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension-associated dysfibrinogenemias exhibit disorganized fibrin structure. “ Thrombosis Research. 2013 December; 136(6): 729-734.
- Liang NC, Morris TA. “Pulmonary embolism and pregnancy.” Current Women’s Health Reviews. 2011 May; 7(2): 177-188(12).
- Morris TA, Marsh JJ, Chiles PG, Magaña MM, Liang NC, Soler X, Desantis DJ, Ngo D, Woods VL Jr. “High prevalence of dysfibrinogenemia among patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.” Blood. 2009 Aug 27;114(9):1929-36.
- Liang, Ni-Cheng, Editor, UCSD Internal Medicine Residency Handbook, 2007-2008 edition.
- Marsh JJ, Chiles PG, Liang NC, Morris TA. “Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension-associated dysfibrinogenemias exhibit disorganized fibrin structure.” 2012 American Thoracic Society Meeting, abstract and poster discussion
- Liang N, Firth A, Marsh J, Yuan J, Morris T,” Human Pulmonary Artery Endothelial Cell Exposure to Fibrin(ogen) Augments Intracellular Calcium Regulation in Response to Thrombin.” Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2011 Jan; 59(1): A412. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2011; 183: A2422.
2011 Henry Christian Award, American Federation for Medical Research
2011 American Thoracic Society Travel Award, abstract and poster discussion
- N Liang, JJ Marsh, PG Chiles, and TA Morris, ” Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension Patients with Altered Fibrin Structure and Resistance to Lysis.” Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., Apr 2009; 179: A3322.
2009 American Thoracic Society abstract, poster presentation
2008 American College of Physicians, National Scientific Meeting, poster presentation
2008 American College of Physicians, Southern California Chapter Scientific Meeting Poster Competition, Region III First Place Award
2008 UCSD Internal Medicine Research Symposium Presentation
- Graham Abra, MD; Ni-Cheng Liang, MD, “Uncommon Thinking in a Common Disease: A Case of Scleredema Diabeticorum.” 2008 American College of Physicians, Southern California Chapter Scientific Meeting, Poster Presentation
- Rao, S., Liang, N., Walker, S. “Differences in prognostic biomarkers in postmenopausal African American and Caucasian Women.”
2003 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, poster presentation
2003 Medical Student Research Day, University of Maryland School of Medicine, poster presentation
2002 Summer Clinical Research Program, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- 2014-2015 UCSD Academy of Clinician Scholars Kaiser Teaching Award
- 2013 Coccidioidomycosis Study Group Meeting, Best Case Presentation, Most Unusual Case
- 2011 American Thoracic Society Travel Award, Assembly on Pulmonary Circulation Program Committee
- 2011 American Federation of Medical Research Henry Christian Award Recipient
- 2010 Finalist, Seventh Annual Respiratory Disease Young Invesigators' Forum
- 2009 Poster Competition Finalist: American College of Physicians, National Scientific Meeting
- 2008 1st Place Award for Best Research Poster, Regiion III of the American College of Physicians
- 2005-2006 Intern of the Year Award University of California, San Diego Department of Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Multi-disciplinary Airway Clinic at UCSD Hillcrest Medical Offices South for patients with COPD and asthma
- General Pulmonary Clinic at UCSD
Center for Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine located at Chancellors Park in La Jolla
To schedule a general pulmonary appointment or an appointment in Airway Clinic with
Dr. Liang please call toll-free 855-355-5864 (LUNG).