Rebecca Sell, M.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine
Medical Director, Resuscitation
- Chronic lung disease
- Critical care medicine
- Cardiac arrest and resuscitation
- Quality improvement
- Medical education
- Pearce A, Davis DP, Minokadeh A, Sell RE. “Initial end-tidal carbon dioxide as a prognostic indicator for inpatient PEA arrest.” Resuscitation. 2015 Jul;92:77-81. PMID: 25939324.
- Davis DP, Graham PG, Husa RD, Lawrence B, Minokadeh A, Altieri K, Sell RE. “Performance improvement-based resuscitation programme reduces arrest incidence and increases survival from in-hospital cardiac arrest.” Resuscitation. 2015 Apr 20. Epub. PMID: 259069942.
- Davis DP, Aguilar SA, Graham PG, Lawrence B, Sell RE, Minokadeh A, Husa RD. “A Novel Configuration of a Traditional Rapid Response Team Decreases Non-Intensive Care Unit Arrests and Overall Hospital Mortality.” Journal of Hospital Medicine. March 2015. Epub. PMID: 25772392.
- Davis DP, Aguilar SA, Smith K, Husa RD, Minokadeh A, Vilke G, Sell R, Fisher R, Brainard C, Dunford JV. “Preliminary report of a mathematical model of ventilation and intrathoracic pressure applied to prehospital patients with severe traumatic brain injury.” Prehospital Emergency Care. 2014 Oct 7 Epub. PMID: 25291381.
- Sell RE, Mandel J. “Trouble-shooting the vent” on-line chapter. Decisionsupportinmedicine.com, ©2014.
- Cheskes S, Schmicker RH, Verbeek PR, Salcido DD, Brown SP, Brooks S, Menegazzi JJ, Vaillancourt C, Powell J, May S, Berg RA, Sell R, Idris A, Kampp M, Schmidt T, Christenson J. “The impact of peri-shock pause on survival from out-of-hospital shockable cardiac arrest during the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium PRIMED trial.” Resuscitation. 2013 Oct 25. Epub. PMID: 24513129.
- Sell RE. COPD monograph for on-line CME, UC San Diego Health Systems, 2013.
- Davis DP, Sell RE, Wilkes N, Sarno R, Husa RD, Castillo EM, Lawrence B, Fisher R, Brainard C, Dunford JV. “Electrical and mechanical recovery of cardiac function following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.” Resuscitation. 2012 Sep 14 (EPUB). PMID: 22982154.
- Sell RE, Rothenberg MA, Chapman CF. Dictionary of Medical Terms, 6th edition. Hauppauge, NY; Barron’s Educational Series, Inc., 2012.
- Riker DR, Sell R. “Ultrasound Guided Percutaneous Biopsy to Diagnose Indwelling Pleural Catheter Metastasis.” Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology. 19(2):165-167, April 2012. PMID: 23207366.
- Cheskes S, Schmicker RH, Christenson J, Salcido DD, Rea T, Powell J, Edelson DP, Sell R, May S, Menegazzi JJ, Van Ottingham L, Olsufka M, Pennington S, Simonini J, Berg RA, Stiell I, Idris A, Bigham B, Morrison L and the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium (ROC) investigators. “Perishock pause: an independent predictor of survival from out-of-hospital shockable cardiac arrest.” Circulation. 124(1) P. 58-66, July 2011. PMID: 21690495.
- Sell RE, Sarno R, Lawrence B, Castillo EM, Fisher R, Brainard C, Dunford JV, Davis DP. “Minimizing Pre- and Post-Defibrillation Pauses Increases the Likelihood of Return of Spontaneous Circulation ROSC).” Resuscitation. 81(7) P. 822-82, July 2010. PMID: 20398991.
- Soler X, Sell R, Maestre J, Ruiz-Manzano J. “Bronchial Rupture by an Unusual Mechanism of Thoracic Hyperextension.” Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2012 May;42(5):535-7 (epub April 2009). PMID: 19406603.
- Nowakowski J, Nadelman RB, Sell R, McKenna D, Cavliere LF, Holmgren D, Gaidici A, Wormser GP. “Long-term follow up of patients with culture-confirmed Lyme disease.” American Journal of Medicine. v. 115 (2). P. 91-96, August 2003. PMID: 12893393.
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Sell at the VA Medical Center, contact 858-552-8585, ext. 3541
To contact Dr. Sell: email@example.com