Rebecca Sell, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Chronic lung disease
- Critical care medicine
- Cardiac arrest and resuscitation
- Quality improvement
- Medical education
- Cheskes S, Schmicker RH, Christenson J, Salcido DD, Rea T, Powell J, Edelson DP, Sell R, May S, Menegazzi JJ, Van Ottingham L, Olsufka M, Pennington S, Simonini J, Berg RA, Stiell I, Idris A, Bigham B, Morrison L and the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium (ROC) investigators. “Peri-shock pause: an independent predictor of survival from out-of-hospital shockable cardiac arrest.” In submission, December 2010.
- Sell R, Davis DP. “Optimizing Pre and Post-Defibrillation Paues Increases the Likelihood of Return of Spontaneous Circulation.” Resuscitation. Accepted for publication 2010.
- Soler X, Sell R, Maestre J, Ruiz-Manzano J. “Bronchial Disruption by an Unusual Mechanism of Thoracic Hyperextension.” Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2009.
- Nowakowski J, Nadelman RB, Sell R, McKenna D, Cavliere LF, Holmgren D, Gaidici A, Wormser GP. “Long-term follow up of patients with culture-confirmed Lyme disease.” American Journal of Medicine. 2003 Aug 1. v. 115 (2). P. 91-96.
- Sell R, Davis DP. “The Effect of Respiratory Rate on Arterial Carbon Dioxide to End-tidal Carbon Dioxide Gap in a Population of Emergency Department Patients.” American Thoracic Society, May 2010.
- Sell R, Lawrence B, Davis DP. “Implementing a ‘Resuscitation Bundle’ Improves Incidence and Outcomes in Inpatient Cardiopulmonary Arrest.” American Heart Association (oral presentation), November 2009.
- Sell R, Sarno R, Lawrence B, Fisher R, Clyons J, Dunford JV, Davis DP. “Optimizing Pre- and Post-defibrillation Pauses Improves the Likelihood of Return of Spontaneous Circulation.” American Heart Association, November 2009.
- Sell R, Wilkes N, Lawrence B, Fisher R, Clyons J, Dunford JV, Davis DP. “Synchronized Bag-valve-mask Ventilation with Continous Chest Compressions Provides Adequate Ventilation during Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.” American Heart Association, November 2009.
- Sell R, Bardwell W, Palinkas L, Ancoli-Israel S, Dimsdale J, Loredo JS. “Ethnic Differences in Sleep Health Knowledge.” SLEEP, June 2009.
- Sell R, Bardwell W, Palinkas L, Ancoli-Israel S, Dimsdale J, Loredo JS. “Ethnic Differences in Predictors of Daytime Sleepiness.” American Thoracic Society, May 2009.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Best Abstract Award (Cardiac) – American Heart Association, November 2009
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Iota Chapter, New York. 2003
- Bessie Kaplan Morais Memorial Award, May 2003, for “outstanding interest and ability in scientific investigation”
- New York Medical College, Dean’s List Scholarship. May 2001
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1998
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
To schedule an appointment, contact Brenda Dixon: 858-657-6485
To contact Dr. Sell: firstname.lastname@example.org